(Scroll down to see a list of volunteer opportunities at Hope House)
Volunteer Opportunities at Hope House
(To download this list, click here.)
- Babysit the children – for Residents or for Teen Moms attending classes
- Field Trips – Saturday/take Resident on outing (movies, lunch, etc)
- GED/Learning Lab Tutor – Lab Hours:
Monday 10:00 a.m. –12:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Tuesday 10:00 a.m. –12:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m
Wednesday 10:00 a.m. –12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Friday 10:00 a.m. –12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Hospitality Committee – prepare a welcome basket, gift bag for GED Grads, etc.
- Meal Planner – help Residents with planning recipes for 8 meals a month
- Bring a Meal – Main dish ideas to pair with salad, bread and dessert:
--BBQ beef, chicken or pork
--Spaghetti or other pasta dishes
- Office Staff – mailings, phones, filing, stuffing envelopes etc.
- Support Volunteer – designated time to come to HH (willing to help with anything)
- Transportation – take Residents or Mentoring Teen Moms to and from Dr. appointments/school/shopping
- Events – preparing for annual Gala and Golf Tournaments
- Fund Raising – for special events
- Handy Man – house maintenance
- Host Small Event – dessert or small party at your home to share HH
- Teach a Life Skills class - (talent, hobby or skill)
- Gift Card Club – You will be called to purchase a $20 gift card for King Soopers, Wal-Mart, Target
- Under $20 Club – You will be called every other month to purchase a household item under $20 example, paper plates, napkins, shampoo, etc.
- Bedrock Builders – Hope House monthly giving program
- Birthday Blessings – provides birthday party supplies to our teen moms children
- Prayer Team – pray for our teen moms and their children needs
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Hair Care/Printing
- Join a Board/Committee
- Car Maintenance - help a teen mom with minor repairs, oil changes, etc
- Grocery shop - commit to taking a Resident grocery shopping once a week
- Provide a meal for Residents or community events
- Support Mentor Volunteer - Commit to driving teen mom in Mentoring program to Hope House classes and/or Human Services
- Mentor - One year commitment to Mentor a teen mom in the Mentoring program.
Note: A completed volunteer application, background check and references will be required for all Direct Service volunteers