Open Positions: Residential Counselor
Hope House of Colorado empowers parenting teenage moms to achieve personal and economic self-sufficiency and to understand their significance in God’s sight, resulting in a healthy future for their children.
Basic Summary: Residential Counselors maintain the structure of the Hope House Program, enforce adherence to rules and policies as well provide encouragement, relationship and fellowship to Hope House residents.
- Supervise all afternoon and evening activities.
- Oversee and adhere to house schedule.
- Oversee residents returning from job training, approved activities and/or appointments.
- Transport residents and their children to and from appointments as needed.
- Eat dinner with the residents and their children on a regular basis.
- Oversee dinner preparation and clean up.
- Supervise all on-site teen moms, visitors or volunteers.
- Oversee volunteer teachers of scheduled life skills and parenting classes.
- Occasionally provide assistance to life skills and/or parenting teacher.
- Help with childcare/children’s program during life skills and parenting classes.
- Daily document residents’ behavior, attitude, and performance.
- Read and be very familiar with Hope House program description.
- Report residents’ appointments and schedules to Residential Family Advocate.
- Address and enforce adherence to Hope House rules and policies.
- Follow all Hope House security procedures.
- Mandatory Staff Meetings on Thursday mornings.
- Applicant must be female and over the age of 21.
- Applicant must have a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
- A background/criminal check must be completed before employment is granted.
- Experience working with at-risk adolescent girls and teen moms a plus.
- Must have good leadership skills and the ability to work well with others.
Please send resume and cover letter stating interest in our organization to Renee Post at firstname.lastname@example.org.