Hope House of Colorado empowers parenting teenage moms to achieve personal and economic self-sufficiency and to understand their significance in God’s sight, resulting in a healthy future for their children.
Development Team Utility Player/Grant Writer, up to 32 hours a week (16-20 hours dedicated to grant writing)
REPORTS TO: DOD (Director of Development)
HOURS: 4 days a week, evenings and weekend events through-out the year.
D Team utility player/grant writer’s primary responsibility will be procuring funding through philanthropic and corporate foundations via grant applications to achieve the annual grant revenue goal. This goal is 10-15% of the annual operating goal. Our budget is growing from $1.4 to $2 million over the next four years. Hope House has a solid base of grant support; we are looking to grow and expand this support. We are wrapping up Phase one of a Capital Campaign, Phase two will begin in 2018. Responsibilities include the research and writing of all proposals and letters of interest sent to grantors, as well as preparing any required grant reports.
Environment: Professional team that is highly productive and knows how to both work and play together! We are united by our passion for empowering disadvantaged teen moms.
SPECIFIC GRANT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop annual calendar of grant requests along with the DOD to plan and achieve required annual funding.
- Meet with CPM (Community Program Manager) or ED (Executive Director) to understand program goals and objectives as it pertains to a program grant
- Provide weekly reports to the DOD to help prepare for the monthly Board of Directors meeting.
- Notify the DOD of any responses from foundations so established thank you/appreciation process can be followed.
- Research current statistics and make available through Shared Drive, include: in house stories of successes, program statistics, national and state statistics pertaining to teen parenting, required financial documentation, other nonprofit organizational information.
- Maintain monthly reporting on all grants and where they are at in the process, track grant income to annual goal.
- Research potential grantors: foundations, corporations and other grant funding sources.
- Attend pertinent grant training events when schedule and funding permit.
- Direct all grant requests first to the DOD for review, then to the ED for review and signature.
- Ensure that all proposals and letters of interest are sent to funders in a timely manner.
- Prepare any required grant reports and reporting required by foundations.
Compile quarterly metrics reports from Apricot, the Hope House Program database (i.e. how many teen moms we are serving, demographic info, etc.)
D TEAM RESPONSIBILITES:
- Must be able to give tours to prospective donors, speak at events on behalf of Hope House, and work with the Development Team on open houses.
- Responsible for assigned events, like the annual Brew & Stew spring event and help with the Annual Gala our largest fundraiser.
- Work with Development Team to implement participation, engagement & ownership opportunities for Hope House donors and champions.
- Work with the Director of Development to strategically utilize the champion database (Raiser’s Edge) to help drive champion and revenue growth.
- Maintain relationship with current champions, (E & O) and help drive growth in the number of new champions (P).
- Work with fundraising volunteers/committees to reach revenue goals.
- Manage, train, appreciate Grant volunteers.
o Bachelors Degree – communications or public relations preferred
o Excellent writing skills
o Highly organized
o Ability to do extensive research
o Proficient computer skills, including Word and Excel
o Common Grant Application experience preferred
o Capital Campaign grant experience would be helpful, but not necessary
o Understanding of nonprofit financial documents needed for grant applications
o Desired Strengths:
o Influencing others
o Fiscal Accountability
o Managing projects
o Stress tolerance
o Problem solving
- Must pass a background check and drug test
- Must pass a writing test
Please send resume and cover letter stating interest in our organization to Lisa Schlarbaum at email@example.com.