Hope House of Colorado empowers parenting teenage moms to achieve personal and economic self-sufficiency and to understand their significance in God’s sight, resulting in a healthy future for their children.
Title: Staff Accountant
Reports to: Director of Finance & Operations
Hours: 32 Hours a Week
1) Maintain general ledger and financial reporting in conformance with GAAP
2) Perform accounts payable, cash management and contribution accounting
3) Primary day-to-day responsibility for Human Resource processes
• Maintain accurate and timely reporting to board of directors and finance committee using agreed upon reports and timelines.
• Compliance with relevant federal, state and local financial regulations for non-profit entities
• Prepare regular cash forecasts as needed by Executive Team (may be weekly or monthly)
• Account for expense report items into QB, ensure that reports are complete as required
• Maintain timely and accurate vendor payments through appropriate payment channels
• Prepare and make bank deposits and perform donor reporting to support financial disclosures
• Reconcile cash and loan accounts
• Monitor and record petty cash and gift cards
• Provide detailed cash flow and accounts payable analysis
• Year end: Coordinate w-2's, prepare 1099’s
• Prepare sales tax returns
• Coordinate in-kind donations accounting
• Maintain vehicle inventory and fixed assets account ledger including donation accounting
• Reconcile balance sheet accounts at least quarterly
• Reconcile revenue amount between the books and the donation system monthly
• Assist managers implementing Human Resource process and policies
• Manage employee on-boarding and exit process in collaboration with managers
• Primary interface with payroll processor
• Maintain HR file contents
• Coordinates document storage and information management on behalf of organization
• Track various performance metrics (KPI’s) for reporting to board and grantors
• Coordinate and oversee office supplies, machines and equipment
• Interface with insurance carrier relative to vehicle coverage and other operational changes
• Degree in accounting or finance, plus at least 2 years’ experience
• Proficient computer skills, including Excel and QuickBooks
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high energy environment
• Familiar with GAAP for non-profits a plus
• Experience with payroll processing helpful
• Must pass a background check
• Excellent organizational skills
Decision Making & Judgment:
Makes timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
Uses mathematical techniques to calculate data or solve practical problems.
Examines data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve problems.
Accountability & Dependability:
Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, and achieves results with little oversight.
Attention to Detail:
Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks.
Ethics & Integrity:
Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
Results Focus & Initiative:
Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them. Gets the job done.
Manages own time, priorities, and resources to achieve goals.
Gaining Voluntary Compliance:
Convinces others to follow recommendations and advice to bring them into compliance with regulations, standards, or policies
Follows fiscal guidelines, regulations, principles, and standards when committing fiscal resources or processing financial transactions.
To apply, send resume to Gail Strobel, [email protected]