Open Positions: BOOKKEEPER
Hope House of Colorado empowers parenting teenage moms to achieve personal and economic self-sufficiency and to understand their significance in God’s sight, resulting in a healthy future for their children.
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance & Operations
HOURS: 16 Hours a Week
BENEFITS: 3 weeks PTO, 403 B Plan available (no match at this time)
Ideal Strength’s Finder’s traits are Achiever, Analytical, Deliberative, Discipline, Focus, Responsibility
• Maintain general ledger and financial reporting in conformance with GAAP
• Perform accounts payable, cash management and contribution accounting
• Maintain accurate and timely reporting to board of directors and finance committee using agreed upon reports and timelines
• Develop and maintain a process for donation accounting that relies on Raiser’s Edge donation database and provides for reconciliation monthly to QuickBooks.
• Account for operating and capital campaign funds separately, ensuring integrity of restrictions.
• Account for pledges received and collected for capital campaign
• Maintain accurate cash accounting as well as timely revenue recording and reconcile lagged credit card payments and other delayed receipts.
• Compliance with relevant financial federal, state and local regulations for non-profit entities
• Monitor cash position and keep ED and DFO apprised of issues
• Record payroll journal entries from outsourced payroll reports generated by Office Manager
• Account for credit card expenses and manage card program
• Maintain timely and accurate vendor payments through appropriate payment channels
• Reconcile cash and other balance sheet accounts
• Monitor and record petty cash and gift cards
• Year end: Coordinate w-2's, prepare 1099’s
• Prepare sales tax returns
• Maintain fixed assets accounts
• Bookkeeping Certification or Associates in Accounting preferred
• 2-5 years of basic accounting experience
• Proficient computer skills, including Excel and QuickBooks
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high energy environment
• Familiar with GAAP for non-profits huge plus
• Experience with payroll processing helpful
• Excellent organizational skills
Please send resume and cover letter stating interest in our organization to Gail Strobel at Gail@hopehouseofcolorado.org.